[Seaside] "Element.extend is not a function" anybody?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 18:50:07 UTC 2007

>         So.. Questions: 1) which are the "best practices" for guaranteeing
> order?

Use updateRoot: of your root component to add the Javascript code
manually. Or make sure that you add your libraries in the proper order
and that their #selectorsToInclude are properly ordered.

2) how can I check or manipulate that load order?

FireBug. The files are evaluated from top to bottom.

> PD: just to contextualize: what I'm trying to do is the initialization of a
> js singleton that should be instantiated after everything is loaded. Besides
> the initialization of this singleton (called ElementManager) there should be
> "someone" (I'm unsuccesfully trying with a BODY onload) that add
> someElements to it. Those someElements are objects that wrapps the prototype
> DOM extended elements. One wrapper for each div that I've also made to wrap
> seaside components of some class.

onLoad should be fine. Maybe it is more save to do it as the last line
of your JavaScript code, if the code doesn't depend on the DOM to be
complete.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli