[Seaside] JS debugging question

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 19:08:22 UTC 2007

>     1. IE - Internet Explorer (it's a pitty. I read it don't want to do js
> objects garbage collection well just to say 1 "bugature"). The best how-to
> I've found is:
> http://www.jonathanboutelle.com/mt/archives/2006/01/howto_debug_jav.html

Yes, the Microsoft Script Editor is the only debugger for IE I know
of. It sort of does what it should.

>     All code I've made, until now, works well in Safari. But if for any
> reason I need to debug javascript there, I don't know what to do. What do
> you guys use to debug js in Safari?

Drosera (http://www.webkit.org) is a very nice debugger available
trough the nightly builds of the WebKit. I've never really used it
though. Safari handles most code well that works in FireFox.

> PD: seems to be a new beta from the scriptaculous guys. I wonder if (when
> proper version deserves it) the proces of upgrading will be reasonable easy
> for us?

Name: Scriptaculous-lr.200