[Seaside] Login process

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Mon Jun 18 18:19:11 UTC 2007

Todd Blanchard wrote:
> This is one of  those things that gets done over and over and over
> again.  It is a well known pattern.  It would be really cool if someone
> would do this once and put it on squeaksource.
[snip discussion about creating a login process]

Agreed.

I think it would be nice if something this basic could simply be a part
of Seaside itself.

Would it be reasonable to refactor Pier Security and Pier Unix Security
move them to Seaside itself and be a part of the base distribution.
Would Avi and Lukas be agreeable to such?

If so, are there other parts of Pier that it would be nice to be
refactored and put into Seaside itself? Parts that are common to web
development in general and not specific to a CMS type system.

I am trying to get up to speed on Seaside/Pier. I hope to be able to
contribute at some point. But have some learning to do first.

Just wanted to toss out a few thoughts.

Jimmie