Guiding the Albatross to the VW-Seaside? [was: [Seaside] Seaside for VisualWorks]

Markus Gaelli Markus.Gaelli at
Wed Jun 20 12:28:17 UTC 2007

> James Robertson has just put up a call on his blog for feedback on what
> you, as customers, want to see Cincom doing with Seaside.
> What do you want?
> What do you need?

Some UI testing tool like Watir (Ruby, see [1][2]) or Albatross (Squeak,
see [3][4])on VW would be nice.
I am aware of the Seaside Testing Tool from David Shaffer[5], but a
framework capable of replaying JS scripts and showing the stuff happening
in some browser would be nice - both for the test driven developers and
their customers.

Maybe guiding the Albatross to the VW-Seaside would be an option?

Thanks for asking and supporting Seaside on VW,

[2] "Watir is the most compelling alternative [to Fit] for filling the
automated acceptance testing need." ? Ward Cunningham