[Seaside] SeasideTesting

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Wed Jun 20 14:33:17 UTC 2007

Liliana,

Sorry, right now SeasideTesting doesn't support "attachments" (documents
which the browser downloads, as opposed to displays) or any response
type which isn't Seaside-generated XHTML.  I think I can make some
changes that would give you a simple way to do this though.  If its OK,
I'll hold on to your code and include it as a test case once I've
implemented this support.  I won't be able to look at it until this
evening (EST).

In case you're interested the problem is that SeasideTesting (ST) needs
to know what document the browser is current displaying which it refers
to as the lastResponse but attachments (content-disposition:
attachment), while they are delivered via HTTP responses, aren't
typically displayed by browsers.  If I load this content into the
lastResponse then you'll have to simulate a "back" button press to get
back to the page with the anchor.  This is inconsistent with actual
browser behavior...so, what I guess I need is to properly distinguish
between the #lastResponse and the #currentPage.  Finally, I really need
to check the content-type before I go about treating it as XHML :-)

David