Guiding the Albatross to the VW-Seaside? [was: [Seaside]Seasidefor VisualWorks]

Michael Lucas-Smith mlucas-smith at cincom.com
Thu Jun 21 06:51:26 UTC 2007

Our initial efforts will be in making sure the port is solid so that we
don't end up focusing on hundreds of microfires trying to support it.
Michel Bany has done an excellent job of this so far so the initial
effort should hopefully be low.

Improvements there-in come in two forms: New libraries that use Seaside
of the ilk of ShoreComponents, where it's on top of Seaside and doesn't
change seaside. The other form being improvements to Seaside itself. The
latter we intend to avoid in principle to keep compatibility with what
Seaside is. I'm sure enhancements will trickle back and forth.

And as to the burning question of are the Cincom guys going to use
Squeak instead of VisualWorks? funny question, kind of loaded. Obviously
we'll be using both.

Cheers,
Michael