[Seaside] Best way to embedding Seaside in static HTML?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 14:34:07 UTC 2007

> It works. However, some users experience problems:
> - the back key doesn't work correctly
> - the seaside app is rendered after the static contents
>  - some browsers don't support the iframe tag
> - Refresh the page doesn't refresh the iframe in some browsers
>
> Is there any better way to achieve the same goal?

Certainly. I once consulted a project where a Seaside application was
integrated into Typo-3. The trick was to perform a request to Seaside
from PHP, to strip the response to the html-body, to rewrite the
anchors and form actions using regex and to integrate the result into
the Typo-3 template. All in all quite a hack, but it worked really
well and didn't show any of the drawbacks you describe.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch