[Seaside] Charting and PDF export

Rajeev Lochan lochan94 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:58:50 UTC 2007

Thanks for the direction. I am sort of working on textArea now. I have
rendered a textArea and the input entered by the user is saved in an
instance variable bulk. As of now, I am concentrating on users entering the
contents separated by comas.

html textArea value: self bulk;

                callback: [:value | self bulk: value].

                html submitButton callback: [self addBulk]; text: 'Add
Bulk'.

When I hit "Add Bulk" Button, the contents which are separated by comas,
should be added as individual items to a List.(I have a method which adds
individual items).

But I am stuck at the point as to how to convert textArea contents separated
by comas to individual items.

Help needed.

Regards,
Rajeev

On 6/25/07, Matthew Fulmer <tapplek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 06:32:42PM +0530, Rajeev Lochan wrote:
> >    Dear Seasiders,
> >    I have a similar issue. I am making a Webapplication on
> SqueakSeaside. It
> >    has to do with users uploading their contents in the form of a list.
> >    Presently I have a Component, in which user can enter item one
> by  one. If
> >    the user has to enter a large  number of items, how can that be done.
>
> DabbleDB uses copy and paste from an excel file. One selects the
> cells in the worksheet, copies them, then pastes that into a
> textarea at DabbleDB. You can see it working in their demo
> video:
> http://dabbledb.com/explore/7minutedemo/
>
> --
> Matthew Fulmer -- http://mtfulmer.wordpress.com/