[Seaside] SeasideTesting

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Mon Jun 25 20:39:54 UTC 2007

Liliana wrote:

> Hi David
>
> I did read your code and figured kind of what you said J but I only
> started working in Smalltalk three month ago and I’m still a bit
> scared to hack other people’s code! I would be more that happy just
> with a quick fix that returns the HTTPResponse as received by the
> browser simulator. I would then “establishSession” again if I need to
> do something else.

Thanks for providing such a simple and useful test. I have a version
which I think will do the trick. I will publish this work on SqueakMap
as soon as I can log in. For now, please install it from SqueakSource.

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/SeasideTesting'
    user: 'cds'
    password: ''

I modified your test case and renamed it to
SCFileDownloadComponentTest...so have a look there to see how things
work. Keep in mind that if the server responds with text/html or
text/xhtml content then the parser will still try to parse it as Seaside
content. Let me know if you have any problems.

David