[Seaside] default entry & Base URL := URL redirect

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Thu Mar 1 16:56:33 UTC 2007

Florian Minjat wrote:
> This one too from the same thread should interrest you :
> ">> I need my application to be accessible with an url
>>> like 'http://myaddress/myApp' and not like
>>> 'http://myaddress/seaside/myApp'. Previously I was just doing :
>>> WADispatcher default basePath: ''.
>>> [...]
>> Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> Aha, now I understand the problem. Evaluate the following code:
>>     WADispatcher default setName: ''
>> and everything should work. Thanks to the new implementation of the
>> dispatchers ;-) "

Yeah, I saw that Florian, Thanks.

Ok, so I executed
  * WADispatcher default setName: ''
  * re-inited Seaside and Pier.
  * stopped and started WAKom (that always seems to be needed)

Now, I can go to

and the web browser displays the application that is the Default Entry
of seaside/config.

In the particular Seaside Application config
  * place '/' in "Server Path"

With rewrite rules, it seems to work fine.