[Seaside] default entry & Base URL := URL redirect

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Fri Mar 2 18:22:53 UTC 2007

Brad Fuller wrote:

> On another site, I have a question: I'm working on the squeakfoundation
> site and want to know how we can do this w/o apache rewrite rules.
> Specifically, it is now:
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>         ServerName www.squeakfoundation.org
>         ServerAlias squeakfoundation.org
>         ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:7780/
>         ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:7780/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Anyone help with ideas so we can access pier at the base url?

Just to post progress for others (most of you know this, but for those
who don't);

I tried this out on yet another site. I removed the rewrite rules and
substituted:

<VirtualHost *:80>
          ServerName my.domain.com
          ProxyPreserveHost On
          ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/seaside/pier
          ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8080/seaside/pier
</VirtualHost>

The added "ProxyPreserveHost On" works just great. As long as Server
Path of pier config is set at '/'

The problem now is that I can't access my css files. onward....