[Seaside] elections

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Thu Mar 8 13:01:28 UTC 2007

Hi Ramiro,

Very good questions, I really do not know how big the community is.
Squeak-dev has about 1500 members and it looks like a large number of those
do not receive mail.  I can imagine that a number of people that use squeak
say 9/10 are not involved enough to want to be subscribed to squeak-dev.  So
a guess is that there are around 10 thousand squeakers.  I was happy to see
that our percentage was higher, but only about 1% then last year.  I have to
wonder how many people that signed up on squeakPeople have dropped out of
the community and if the 1% increase was just new members.

Anyway I'm doing my part on weeklysqueak.wordpress.com to bring in new
people.  We are getting 300-700 hits a day!  With all the developments like
Croquet, Sophie, OLPC, Scratch . we should be entering a new phase that will
revitalize the community.

Happy Squeaking!

Ron Teitelbaum

Squeak News Team Member