[Seaside] Seaside as backend of apache

Martin Beck martin.beck at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Mar 12 23:48:22 UTC 2007

However, another possiblity would be to use FastCGI. There exists a package on
SqueakMap and squeaksource.com: fcgi. Unfortunately Apache doesn't seem to
support fastcgi by its newest version 2.2 (although there is a development
package), but with e.g. Lighttpd you can get enormous speed advantages. The
reason for this is, that you bypass the WAKom, which isn't known as to be
very fast... ;) I plan to implement the scgi protocol in this package, too.
This way, even the usage of apache shouldn't be any obstacle anymore...
Greets,
Martin