[Seaside] Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Samuel MORELLO samuel.morello at ouvanous.com
Wed Mar 14 13:07:00 UTC 2007

Hello and thanks for your comments.

Concerning the seaside logo, i can not answer if seaside need to change or
keep the existing one.
But if we want to move on a logo like the one use in this proposal, i can
continue working on and submit proposals based on this one to get feedback
and modify it in consequences .

Could you details a little bit more on which fonts and colors you want to
adapt ?
I can make new proposals based on your remarks.

I have started to do something for the page inside but was waiting for
comments on this design.

Should you have any comments feel free to send it.

Thanks again,

Samuel

On 3/14/07, Michael Davies <mykdavies+squeak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lukas,
>
> I know it's easier to critique someone else's work than to be original
> oneself, so I'd like to start by thank you and Samuel for actually
> trying these ideas out! I know what to look for in visual design but
> have little creative ability myself...
>
> Here's my comments:
>
> I like the star idea - would it be better filled with a sandy yellow
> so it looks more like a starfish? That would also give us two colours
> to use as highlight colours on the rest of the page (like python.org,
> flickr.com, and existing seaside.st). To me, the star looks 'wonky' -
> does it look better upright?
>
> But this raises the question of whether it is intended that the
> "seaside+star" logo be *the* logo for Seaside? The existing
> "waves+sun+seaside" logo is pretty nice - is it clear that it's not
> working for us?
>
> If we do want to replace it, it would be useful to think about some of
> the other usages of a logo before committing to a final design:
> How will the logo be used as a standalone image (eg on the wikipedia
> page) - what colors will be used? Just the star, or seaside+star with
> a transparent background?
> How will the logo be used with extra text for buttons on other pages?
> (eg there's useful space at the top left for "powered by" or "made
> with" etc, and at the bottom right for "2.0" or "inside") - it would
> be useful to have a couple of samples, using a widely available font
> so that people can make their own if required.
>
> On the page design generally I like the layout and use of the space,
> though there's a lot of different colours and a few different families
> of fonts used - I think cutting down on both would give a cleaner
> look. I'd also be interested to see a mockup of one or two of the
> detail pages to see how the look translates to the rest of the site -
> what navigation elements remain, how much of the content is available
> from each page etc.
>
> I hope that this feedback is of use to you,
> Michael

Samuel