[Seaside] Serving static images from Squeak 3.9

Alan Capewell alan.capewell at softwareag.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 17:40:32 UTC 2007

This week I moved my dev image to squeak 3.9 and I no encounter problems whem
I'm serving static image files from my FileRoot directory.

I am using the Identical images to the ones I used under 3.8 but firefox informs
me that...

The image "http://localhost:8080/foo.jpg" cannot be open because it contains errors

...IE is a little more helpful...

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error Content-type: text/html Content-length: 278
Internal Server Error
Error: Invalid utf8 input detected.

I've trawled through the previous discussions on 3.9 encoding but I'm not sure
if they are relevant to this issue.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or know of a solution?

Thanks
Alan