[Seaside] Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Wed Mar 14 19:50:36 UTC 2007

Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> Lukas: what do you want to convey with the look and the
>> function of the site? Do you want playful? fun? professional?
>> classy? irony?  poke fun at? mysterious? beautiful? stark/
>> austere? bold? pastel? etc...
>
> Professional, simple, web 2.0, ...
>
> Samuel, did you do the design for www.simplebits.com? I think
> something like that could work very well. Different logo (just the
> shape of the seastar), different color scheme, maybe something
> different for the tabs (I don't find them really cool on this site),
> simple, plain, ...

Even though my opinion is counts less, to me, simplebits is like all the
other 1,000 blog templates out there. My strong suggestion is to have
something unique; as unique as seaside is in development and deployment,
Pier should convey smart, uniqueness, cool and 21st century design.
Something different but very functional. This can be achieved along with
your request that it be professional, simple and web 2.0.

brad