[Seaside] Re: Serving static images from Squeak 3.9

Alan Capewell alan.capewell at softwareag.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 18:01:41 UTC 2007

Alan Capewell <alan.capewell <at> softwareag.co.uk> writes:

> I think I'm getting a little further with this...
>
> I have been tracing the call through the KomHttpServer and discovered that in
> my
> 3.8 image the HttpResponse stream is of Class StandardFileStream  in my 3.9
> image it is a MultiByteFileStream.  Difference being that the latter is then
> getting passed through a UTF-8 conversion facility and I'm guessing my image
> is not UTF-8 encoded.
>
> Now all I need to do is work out why 3.9 is treating it as a
> MultiByteFileStream.  If anyone has any clues please let me know - otherwise
> I'll just kepp searching
>
> Thanks
> Alan

OK I have got round this for now.

I have downloaded Ramon's 3.9 image (see www.onsmalltalk.com) and I can get
files to serve like I do from my old 3.8 image.

I don't yet know the full significance but my failing 3.9 image had
KomHttpServer at version gk.6 and seaside at 2.7a1-mb.205.  Ramon's image has
KomHttpServer at gk.14 and seaside at 2.7a1-rjl.156

When I get some more time I'll try to track down what versions of what
introduced or remove the problem a little more sientifically.

BTW If your reading Ramon - you've made a great job of the look and feel of
the image.

Thanks
Alan