[Seaside] HIGH CPU - not frozen, but s...l....o....w seaside image

Florian Minjat florian.minjat at emn.fr
Thu Mar 22 08:44:07 UTC 2007

That's what I did each times.
But the first time, with the frozen image without nohup, I didn't get
anything with gdb more than this :
(gdb) call printAllStacks()
$1 = 2
(gdb) call printCallStack()
$2 = -1551081468
With no output.
I tried with the advice of Adrian to redirect stdout and stderr inside
gdb (http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn2032.html), but with no
success.

So I killed it and relauched with nohup, and when it froze again I got
the output I wanted in the nohup.out file.

But the problem is : why did the headless image froze when it got a
call to InputSensor>cursorPoint ? There should be a safety in this
method to answer 0 at 0 when the image is headless for example.
Another problem is that is worked a little (50-70 calls to
InputSensor>cursorPoint) and then the image was to slow (100% cpu) to
do it. So this behavior could be triggered somewhere else in the image
and is annoying to debug...

Florian