[Seaside] RE: [ADD] WASelectTag>>enablementBlock

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Tue Mar 27 20:48:44 UTC 2007

Boris Popov wrote:
> Not sure what your scenario was exactly, but here I have a list that
> goes,
>
> Canada
> US
> ---- (disabled)
> Armenia
> Canada
> US
> Zimbabwe
>
> in which case 'selected' <option> came up twice during rendering phase
> if you'd selected one of the duplicated countries on top and most
> browsers would assume it's the latter one you want, so by correcting it
> I fix two issues: semantically single list should only have one
> 'selected' option, but practically if you pick Canada, I want the list
> to highlight Canada in the top portion, not the lower one.

your usage scenario is different than mine is certainly, but I think
this will work in my case as well.. When I try it out, I'll let you
know.. One of my hacks was putting dummy records in my database as
placeholders (major hack).. I ultimately wanted a cleaner way to do it
and this may be it.. However, I may not be able to try it out for a week
or so as I've got to get my taxes done first.. (8-<

Thanks Boris!