[Seaside] Re: Seaside and REST

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Mar 29 22:10:54 UTC 2007

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> Anchors are GET, always. That has nothing to do with Seaside but with
> HTML. Forms are default POST and GET if requested. Same as in HTML.
>
> I really fail to see the problem there, Seaside behaves exactly like
> HTML which is not surprising since it uses HTML.

Thanks. I think I got a little bit taken away with the whole "it's got
nothing to do with urls/http/html" speech ;-) Since I don't know the
whole of W3Cs specs at heart it wouldn't have surprised me to find out
that there is some magic hidden inside seaside that makes it happen.

BTW (and this is not a criticism of Seaside but rather the docs) there
is quite a bit of confusion for me about what exactly a component is
expected to do and what not. Like: the component shouldn't worry about
pages but it needs to worry about forums. Having the responsibilities
stated somewhere would help me getting a better feel for understanding
how to structure seaside apps. There are various other areas (the use of
styles and css, or meta tags for example) that I'm not at all sure where
the responsibility lies.

Any good places to read up on? (where is the Seaside book when you need
it ;-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas