[Seaside] CSS Files vs. #style

Boris Popov boris at deepcovelabs.com
Sun May 6 02:13:12 UTC 2007

Mostly because I never let seaside serve static resources in production but rather detach them from the image for deployment and use apache or s3. I wrote a custom solution for this early on, but I believe FileLibrary will do that for you now. Also, our designer doesn't use the application a whole lot, but rather works with either a new page he writes and styles from scratch, or more commonly now saves the generated one to use as a starting point for improvement. That let's him use the tools he's comfortable with as far as html and css editing goes, as very often code needs to change together with css to achieve certain things, new images added, changed, removed etc.. I will then take the updated styles plus resources, load them up, implement required html changes and voila! Embedded css editing maybe was useful before firebug came out as it let you change css on the fly, but let's face it, firebug does circles around the thing now :)

Cheers!

-Boris
(Sent from a BlackBerry)