[Seaside] Magritte CSS

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon May 7 19:30:28 UTC 2007

> All right...
> So in the first case you mention, I could use something like:
>
> (MAStringDescription ...... )
>     attributes addClass: 'myStringClass';
>
> I will try that later today.

Exactly, that is probably the simplest way to customize the CSS. The
registration form on www.juniorwebaward.ch is an example of such a
customization.

> Lukas, the usage of these 3 methods of customization you mention, are
> only a matter of taste or is there a suggested context for each.
> Do you have brief examples you could send us?

The custom renderer is useful when you want to use a different but
reuseable technique to display the form elements, e.g. to replace the
table with a definition list enumeration. The class MACssRenderer is
such a custom renderer (I just notice that it has a stupid name).

The custom component is useful when you want to have an unique editor,
e.g. you want to place every form element and label exactly within a
complicated layout. The login-form on seasidehosting.st is an example
for such an component.

Cheers,
Lukas

--