[Seaside] expire sessions

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Wed May 9 02:08:10 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I have some session objects that need to be cleaned up.  I was hoping that
expire would be sent to inactive sessions.  It looks like this might be
happening randomly during requests but I'm not sure.

I see that unregister: -> clearHandlers -> unregistered calls expire.  I
think while tracing it I saw a 10% random chance of sessions expiring this
way.

Am I getting this right do sessions expire this way, triggered randomly by
additional requests?

If so this works when a browser is closed, but could we also add expire to
the second to last line of:

WARegistry >> handleKeyRequest: aRequest
	| key handler keyString |
	"Under some circumstances, HTTP fields are collections of values"
	key :=	[keyString := aRequest at: self handlerField.
			(keyString isKindOf: OrderedCollection) ifTrue:
[keyString := keyString first].
			WAExternalID fromString: keyString] on: Error do:
[:e | nil].
	handler := handlersByKey at: key ifAbsent: [nil].
	^ (handler notNil and: [handler isActive])
		ifTrue: [handler handleRequest: aRequest]
		ifFalse: [
			handler expire.  "EXPIRE THE SESSION Since it timed
out"
			self handleExpiredRequest: aRequest]

This would allow me to clean up sessions that expire sooner when the browser
was left open.

Thank you for your help!

Ron Teitelbaum