[Seaside] Making a defined text input have the default focus

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Thu May 10 19:50:34 UTC 2007

Yes I saw it with Firebug, that by the way I had to tell that I don't know
why it is putting in the script tab all the page code in two lines. The
second line has about three meters long! How one can debug that? Anyway I've
done what you said to test and it worked, but as the component I was making
was a chat room, the input field for the text needed one setFocus more to
produce the complete chat experience.

So.. then I've put that code into
WARenderCanvas>>setFocusTo: anId

	self script: 'setFocus("',anId ,'")'

	and called it from the component rendering method where I've needed.

	cheers!

Sebastian
PD: That extension I've made it to go to a package of my own as loose method
but I think that should be integrated into Seaside because controlling focus
on desktop applications is a very frequent task.