[Seaside] Which persistence solution to use?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri May 11 17:42:22 UTC 2007

On 11-May-07, at 9:01 AM, Boris Popov wrote:

> I believe GemStone/S being the full database product that it is you
> can't get much more permanent than that, unless of course you mean
> engraving data in slabs of granite with diamond-tipped drill, which
> Seaside doesn't support yet ;)

Sadly this isn't terribly permanent; if it gets left lying around in
the open it will erode, if left in a secret cave it will eventually
subduct and get mixed back into the mantle, if put into deep orbit it
will still slowly erode from cosmic ray ablation and even if stored
inside the event  horizon of a large black hole it will eventually
fall prey to the end of the universe as protons decay etc.

On the other hand there is the old saying about 'spinning bits never
die' so just label your file something like 'Br1tn3yN00d.pic' and
toss it into the net and it will probably be available in around
10^42 places in a dozen universes from now.

tim
Oxymorons: Software documentation