[Seaside] lightbox question

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Sat May 12 06:07:08 UTC 2007

On May 11, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> I still haven't figured out how to do this, but have tried working
>> with #evaluator and friends, which can be used to apply multiple
>> actions at one time.. is that correct? Is that what I should be using
>> to do this?
>
> #lightbox: doesn't use AJAX, it is exactly the same as #call:. When
> you #answer: from the lightbox you get a full page refresh anyway,
> therefor I don't see why you want to use AJAX to update the page
> afterwards?

Yes, my problem was actually quite a bit different than I thought! I
am using an MAReport on the page, and my "add" link was using the
lightbox. The MAReport wasn't refreshing because I wasn't sending
asDynamicObject to my report collection. Once I did that, the report
refreshed as I expected ;-)

Cheers!

Brian