[Seaside] Which version should I be using? :)

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun May 13 11:20:33 UTC 2007

2007/5/13, Damien Cassou <damien.cassou at gmail.com>:
> 2007/5/10, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com>:
> > We would be grateful if people could also start using Seaside 2.8 to
> > give feedback and to find and report bugs. I don't say it is stable
> > yet, but I use it successfully for several productive applications
> > already, so it can't be too bad.
>
> squeak-web-beta images are based on Seaside 2.8. However, it's a
> pretty old version of seaside. Can I upgrade to the last version? If
> yes, I'll create a new image.

Yes but there are several things to keep in mind:
- some things we will be broken. we have produtive applications
running it so most things work but that doesn't mean that a particular
feature you need will work, that's why we'd like people to have a look
at it.
- backtracking works differently, you have to implement #states (see examples)
- if you want session cookies subclass WACookieSession
- the old renderer is gone
- several deprecated methods are gone
- waframecomponent is gone

Cheers