[Seaside] seaside config questions

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu May 17 20:48:23 UTC 2007

> i'm a new to seaside, i got a few questions whats is the resource base url
> do in the config section.
> where are standard static files such as basics.css, externalAnchors.js,
> haloDebug.gif

Have a look at the subclasses of WAFileLibrary. This has nothing to do
with the resource-base url.

> also how do i link external style sheets.
> i know you do something like
> #updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
> super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
> anHtmlRoot linkToStyle: '/stylesheets/style.css'
>
> but my web page doesnt pick up the css, how does the web server know
> physical path where to retrive this style sheet from

This only works if you are using an external web server like Apache.
The resource-base url tells Seaside the absolute base directory where
these resources (e.g. http://something.com/resources) can be found.
When you then use #resourceUrl: instead of #url: Seaside will
automatically generate the appropriate path.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch