[Seaside] small seaside image - not working on seasidehosting

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat May 19 13:25:36 UTC 2007

> >Why do you think it points to your main-directory? When I do an "ls
> >-l" in your directory I get:
>
> Sorry, my mistake, I was looking at my site in FileZilla, and the links are
> represented as "folders",  using a command like FTP tool (like "real"
> programmer should ... showed the links as "normal" *nix style :)
>
> Well if that's the case, then there must be some other error, other than
> "looking for sources"
> I saved the log file as "SqueakDebug_2.6.log", if you could take a look that
> would be great.

Is there anything in the image that tries to listen on a specific
port? Unfortunately the stack trace is hard useful, as it is far too
short.

> There is also no u.i. for setting parameters in that image, I tried
> searching for "setParameter:", but it's not found, is there another way to
> set parameters in that file?

I don't understand what you are talking about.

> > Evaluate something like "SmalltalkImage
> >current saveSnapshot" to save it.
>
> Thanks, I'll give that a try.
>
> Is there anything in SqueakMap that is along the lines of a "remote
> Workspace" addiin ? ... so that I can well .. remotely, send commands to the
> running image?  Even if I manage to get the ~5meg image running, updating it
> is a pain when using dialup ;)

There is WABrowser, WAInspector and WAVersionUploader that comes with
Seaside. Is this what you are looking for?

Cheers,
Lukas

> Mike
>

> --