[Seaside] Seaside sessions and ajax

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun May 20 17:48:11 UTC 2007

> >> This will be a tough problem to solve, but will be important for all
> >> future web applications.  Flash/Flex/whatever have the exact same (back
> >> button) problem right now.
> >
> > Flash doesn't have a back button -> problem solved.
>
> But all web pages that use flash do.  Problem not solved. :)

Well I have sort of a fix. Unfortunately I had to patch Seaside core
methods in very ugly ways, as this requires some modifications in the
render-loop. I am not happy with it, because it brings a (memory)
overhead into the whole thing and I am not entirely sure if it's
really what we want in all cases. For the AJAX counter it works, but
maybe not for other cases. If I have time I can clean it a bit and
publish so that we see if all the trouble is worth the change ...

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli