[Seaside] Using SUInPlaceEditor in a different way

Rajeev Lochan lochan94 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 14:41:17 UTC 2007

Sorry Lukas for making it so complicated. In simpler terms, I shall put it
in this way.
There is a page (SomeComponentView) which renders us a Heading and a
SUInPlaceEditor form/field

Upon entering say Item 1, I press OK button . Now I want this detail to be
saved somewhere in persistence. In the present example
(SUInPlaceEditorTest), upon clicking NewSession in the ToolBar, the content
is reset to Clickme&EditMe...

After saving the content in some variable or it should render a button on
the next line to the entered Item 1. By pressing the Button, another
SUInPlaceEditor form/field should be rendered. The user can again enter
something say Item 2 and presses OK. Similarly, he can create a list of as
many items as he wants and finally save the whole list of items.

I hope it is clear now. If any clarifications, please let me know.

Regards,
Rajeev

On 5/21/07, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> > In the example of scriptaculous, the text (inst variable) of
> > SUInPlaceEditorTest is initialized to 'Click and Edit me". I believe, to
> > have persistence, we need to go for Class Instance Variables, how do we
> do
> > this.
>
> I don't quite understand what you are trying to do. To change the text
> you have 'Click and Edit me" the option #clickToEditText:.
>
> > It would be great to discus further with you all. Is there any tutorial
> > specific for Scriptaculous ?
>
> Except for the shipped functional test cases and some blog posts,
> there are none. However it should be fairly easy to follow any
> script.aculo.us or prototypes tutorial.
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli