[Seaside] [VW] 2.8a1 preview

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue May 22 17:20:41 UTC 2007

Seaside 2.8 in a nutshell:
- a lot of deprecated methods are gone, so get rig of them first
- #states is used to backtrack objects instead of
#registerObjectForBacktracking:, see implementers of #states for
examples. We removed #registerObjectForBacktracking: this makes it
easier to spot the places where you need to implement #states but
impossible to write code that works on both 2.7 and 2.8. Maybe we
could find a solution similar to the deprecation api that throws an
exception only in development mode.

We would be interested in your findings about memory usage, rendering
times and callback times.

Have fun!

Cheers
Philippe