[Seaside] Scriptaculous problems

Patrick Collison patrick at collison.ie
Tue May 22 22:13:04 UTC 2007

I'm having some trouble with updaters in Scriptaculous
(Scriptaculous-lr.193). With something like:

html anchor onClick: (html updater id: 'foodiv'; callback: [:h | h
text: 'foo']); with: 'Click me'

The AJAX response is a warped html document, complete with <html>,
text 'foo'), and the contents of the 'foodiv' div are (meaninglessly)
set to include these <body> and <title> tags. I've included a sample
response at the bottom of this mail (no closing tags are served in the
response).

This causes Safari to break, though Firefox seems to get by ok. The
exact same code works fine in Scriptaculous 2.6 (I'm using
Seaside2.7a1-rdt.219). Is this a bug, or am I using updaters
incorrectly?

Cheers,

Patrick

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html
lang="en" xml:lang="en"
content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"
/></head><body>foo