[Seaside] root component list - how to control?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu May 24 08:41:18 UTC 2007

2007/5/24, Giles Bowkett <gilesb at gmail.com>:
> > On the class side of your component, add
> >
> > canBeRoot
> >   ^true
>
> Thanks Ramon. Managed to track that down, but first I kind of chased a
> red herring, registerAsApplication.

#registerAsApplication: can be used to manually register a component
(or task) as an application. In this case it doesn't matter what
#canBeRoot returns, that's just for the UI.

#registerAsApplication: is very convenient if you have just created a
new component and want to register is as an application and don't want
to go through the whole /config application.
You can just type

self registerAsApplication: 'foobar'

somewhere in the class (self is bound to the class in the code
browser) and you're done.

Cheers
Philippe