[Seaside] Seaside on VA Smalltalk?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu May 24 15:14:12 UTC 2007

> I believe Lukas refers to using continuations only when #call: and
> #answer: are used, not removing those methods entirely.

Exactly.

Seaside is still useful, even if the underlying plattform doesn't
support continuations, and #call: and #answer:. You can always
transform

    A.
    r := self call: aComponent.
    B.

into

    A.
    self show: aComponent onAnswer: [ :r | B ].

that does the same without continuations. It is ugly, but it works.
This is called Continuation Passing Style. Of course traditional
#call: and #answer: will be supported on all platforms that support
continuations.

Cheers,
Lukas

--