[Seaside] WALabelledFormDialog input field length

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Sun Nov 4 16:20:21 UTC 2007

> A general comment about the WADialog hierarchy. They are ok
> to get started fast, but for more serious projects with
> special requirements (like yours) you'll probably end up
> writing your own.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

He's right, you will want to write your own.  You should consider the dialog
hierarchy as examples rather than controls you'd actually use.  Their
presence does lead to the mistaken assumption that they're supposed to be
used and then you find you can't customize them enough, I wonder if these
could be candidates for removal from Seaside 2.9 to further slim down the
core?

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com