[Seaside] ProxyPass and the P Option

Richard Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Mon Nov 5 14:46:08 UTC 2007

I'll try to come to one of the meetings.

I'm planning to perform load balancing with Apache2. That's why I'm looking
at rewrite rules. It seems like every load-balancing solution I've seen on
the Internet uses rewrite rules.

Also, the rewrite rules are useful for constraining the URLs that the users
can send. I want to control how they access our website.

I'm on localhost for testing purposes, but eventually the server will go
live at a host provider through co-location.

Regards,
Richard

Your setup is overly complex. Is there a reason you're using a Rewrite Rule?
It's totally unnecessary to make Seaside work with Apache. Stick to the
ProxyPass, and ProxyPassReverse, and you can have your domain name appear,
no problem. Unless you're using the RewriteRule for some other reason, you
should rip it out and simplify the Virtual Host directive.

If you're still on localhost, and not using a live server, why are you
bothering with httpd.conf at all?

Chris Cunnington
Toronto