[Seaside] ProxyPass and the P Option

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemstone.com
Mon Nov 5 20:20:41 UTC 2007

Richard,

Here are some apache conf snippets that we use for the GLASS appliance.
We have a virtual host listening on port 80 and then virtual hosts
sitting on ports 8081, 8082 and 8083. The loadbalancer is used to route
requests to the virtual hosts. The path
/opt/gemstone/apache/htdocs/glass1 resolves to a FastCGI port and host
in our setup, so you will probably need to change that, but the real
trick here might be 'ProxyPreserveHost' - I can't tell if you used it or
not:

    <VirtualHost *:80>
            ProxyPreserveHost On     #make proxy rewrite urls in the output

            ProxyPass /seaside balancer://gemtrio
            ProxyPassReverse /seaside balancer://gemtrio

            <Proxy balancer://gemtrio>
                BalancerMember http://localhost:8081/seaside
                BalancerMember http://localhost:8082/seaside
                BalancerMember http://localhost:8083/seaside
            </Proxy>
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost *:8081>

            DocumentRoot /opt/gemstone/apache/htdocs/glass1

    </VirtualHost>

Hope this helps,

Dale