[Seaside] Long submit problems with IE

Carl Gundel carlg at libertybasic.com
Sat Nov 10 18:15:34 UTC 2007

I've looked a little bit more into this.  I don't know how reliable this
information is but I've seen it in a few places.  The general concensus is
that IE limits GET form submissions to about 2000 characters.  No limits are
placed on POST submits.  I don't know a whole heck of a lot about the
difference between the two (which is why I use Seaside ;-).  Perhaps other
browsers have similar mechanisms in place for GETs, but they are simply
larger and it would just be a matter of time before the ceiling is reached
on Firefox or Safari.

-Carl