[Seaside] [ANN] Seaside One-Click Experience

Martial Boniou Martial.Boniou at ifrance.com
Tue Nov 13 10:45:39 UTC 2007

Philippe Marschall a écrit :
| 2007/11/10, Martial Boniou <Martial.Boniou at ifrance.com>:
| > Great job! Some of my PHP friends are a bit lost when they try
| > Squeak/Seaside by themselves. Now they got no reason to start learning
| > seaside. Except the lack of database, this bundle is even easier to use
| > than preinstalled php/mysql/apache/joomla-or-else system.
| >
| > Will there be a native 64-bit linux version?
|
| I'm not sure 64-bit Linux users are the ones looking for a one-click
| experience ;)
I agree. Generally not.

| Now seriously it will run under 64-bit Linux (or Windows) in emulation
| mode. If there is a strong enough demand from users we could include a
| 64-bit Linux VM.
But I know lazy people on Linux 64bit who develop with C++/PHP and we
want to give Seaside a try if it's plug 'n play but I cannot build/test
a 64 bit vm because I haven't got any 64 bit machine.
However, if nobody asks for a 64bit version, just forget this idea.

| Cheers
| Philippe

Regards,

--
Martial

| > --
| > Martial
| >
| > Philippe Marschall a écrit :
| > | Hi
| > |
| > | There has been a lot of talk recently about improving the Smalltalk,
| > | Squeak and Seaside experience for new users. Especially to make it
| > | easier and faster to get started. The two vendors that support Seaside
| > | are working in this area. That does not mean Squeak can not lead the
| > | way. Today we present you the Seaside One-Click Experience [1]  for OS
| > | X, Windows and Linux based on the work done by the Sophie Project [2].
| > | Just download the zip-archive, extract it and double click on the
| > | executable for your platform and you have Seaside 2.8 final running.
| > |
| > | Cheers
| > | The Squeak Seaside Team
| > |