[Seaside] spam

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Tue Nov 13 21:10:41 UTC 2007

Il giorno mar, 13/11/2007 alle 21.46 +0100, Bert Freudenberg ha scritto:
> On Nov 13, 2007, at 21:43 , Avi Bryant wrote:
>
> > On 11/13/07, Carl Gundel <carlg at libertybasic.com> wrote:
> >> I don't see any spam coming from this list.
> >
> > Ok. Guess it's just me.  Odd.
>
> You're the admin ... but it should not really get through to you, you
> should just get a notice from mailman. I think you can disable those.

Many spam messages are sent to both the list address and the list admin
alias. Since the admin messages usually are filtered together with the
list messages, they look like standard messages from the list itself.

All the addresses on lists.squeakfoundation.org have been recently
harvested by some spammers (The summer of code mailing list was getting
more than 100 requests per day!).

Avi, if you want to discard all messages from nonmembers, just go to
Privacy options...->Sender Filters and set the generic_nonmember_action
to "Discard" (as Ken Causey) suggested on squeak-dev. I suggest applying
this solution only to the seaside-dev mailing list, though.

	Ciao,

		Giovanni