[Seaside] Seaside 2.8 and Apache

Richard Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Wed Nov 14 20:43:34 UTC 2007

Good news. I've got it working...

I started from scratch with both Seaside 2.7 and 2.8. Step by step, I
carefully built up the images in parallel.

Then I tested each image with the Apache balancer httpd.conf, switching back
and forth between Seaside 2.7 and 2.8. Finally, when I got everything
carefully constructed, with no unexpected diversions, I was able to
duplicate the original problem.

Then I set the Server Port and Server Protocol for the Seaside 2.8 image
*only*. And now it works!

For whatever reason, I have to be very, very meticulous and careful in
constructing the server environment. Order of operation is important. No
unnecessary diversions should be allowed. As long as I stick to this strict
regimen, I should be able to reliably deploy my web app without surprise.

Of course, I still haven't answered the question why Seaside 2.7 worked
without the correct Server Port and Protocol. But it's not worth my time and
energy to figure it out.

Thanks to everyone.

(I better add this to my blog at http://open-sourcerer.blogspot.com/ )

Regards,
Richard

---------
That's something only you could investigate. In my set up not setting
those values will result in HTML that includes "http" instead of
"https".

-Boris