[Seaside] [ANN] Seaside One-Click Experience

Edward Stow ed.stow at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 20:23:32 UTC 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the one  click experience -- but are the mouse buttons
configured to meet new users expectations.  I presume that most new
users will be working on MS Windows OS.

In my experience the right mouse button normally opens a context menu.
Displaying the halos may only confuse a new user.  And they may not
even think to use the middle button, or know how to find the
preferences browser.

Just my 2c worth but thanks again for putting this together.  As an
occasional dabbler in squeak it is difficult to keep track of the
required versions of squeak and the packages to reliably install
Seaside.
--
Edward

On 10/11/2007, Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> There has been a lot of talk recently about improving the Smalltalk,
> Squeak and Seaside experience for new users. Especially to make it
> easier and faster to get started. The two vendors that support Seaside
> are working in this area. That does not mean Squeak can not lead the
> way. Today we present you the Seaside One-Click Experience [1]  for OS
> X, Windows and Linux based on the work done by the Sophie Project [2].
> Just download the zip-archive, extract it and double click on the
> executable for your platform and you have Seaside 2.8 final running.
>
> Cheers
> The Squeak Seaside Team
>
> [1] http://www.seaside.st/download/squeak#167943699
> [2] http://www.sophieproject.org/