[Seaside] GOODS

Tomáš Svárovský svarovsky.tomas at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 19:17:25 UTC 2007

I am quite new to this whole thing (smalltalk seaside and squeak) so
please, remember you have to play a little slower with me.

I was following tutorials from Hasso-Plattner-Institut on data
persistence. I ve compiled goods version 3.06, I ve installed
smalltalk GOODS client using Squeak map (version 80) and started
playing with it.

Everything is fine until I try to commit any change into database.
KKComitFailure is thrown and GOODS server is saying 'CRC check failed
for transaction from client squeakC18'. I ve done some googling, but
found only this
http://www.nabble.com/GOODS-CRC-check-failed-for-transaction-t3549186.html
, which is unfortunately not very helpful, though seems like exactly
my case. I ve tried to search for some newer version of GOODS client,
but seems that version 80 is the last one released. Can anyone be more
specific on solving this problem than already mentioned link?

Thanks a lot in advance TS