Re: [Seaside] seaside performance in Squeak

chunsj at chunsj at
Tue Nov 20 01:53:09 UTC 2007

I think this is very great news and can I get the source or binary of VM(windows)
for this? Or should I do this by myself?

Thanks in advance.

----- Original Message -----
   From: John M McIntosh <johnmci at>
   To: Seaside - general discussion <seaside at>
   Sent: 07-11-20 05:52:49
   Subject: [Seaside] seaside performance in Squeak

  James is busy blogging on seaside squeak, VW, rubyonrails performance
and I'll note that a bit of Squeak GC tuning can
improve squeak seaside thruput by 100%

Beware of course that a VM change and fix is required. If you are
using the windows or the Unix VM you must ensure you
have a VM that was built with VMMaker-tpr.63, see

Otherwise the squeak GC tuning setting will not work.

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at>
Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.

seaside mailing list
seaside at