[Seaside] Re: GOODS

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Tue Nov 20 02:55:29 UTC 2007

> In what way is Magma more transparent than GOODS?  AFAIK they
> both use very similar strategies to be transparent (proxies
> for lazy loading, persistence by reachability, no need to
> explicitly mark objects dirty, etc).
>
> Avi

Hey Avi! How are you? I think it's not necessarily *more* transparent. It
happens to have a lot of transparence. Perhaps the magmasession api has more
features than the goods client at this time? My point is that having Magma I
see no value to choose GOODS in Squeak todays. In fact I believe that
maturing Magma will add value to the whole community at this point. Anyway
the fact is that I've moved from ImageSegments to Magma with minimal code
intrusion.
But I think that every case should be specifically tested proven to be
worth. I recognise that ImageSegments still providing enormous flexibility
and extreme simplicity.
Cheers,
Sebastian