[Seaside] Re: GOODS

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Tue Nov 20 03:48:32 UTC 2007

On 11/19/07, Sebastian Sastre <ssastre at seaswork.com> wrote:

> Tomas just remember to remain kind of skeptical about images they can become
> corrupt and you can have other potential problems.

Have you ever seen a corrupt image?  Dabble DB has probably created...
oh, I don't know, certainly over a million images, and the single time
I have ever seen one get corrupted was because of a hardware failure.

What I *have* seen are images where the data is difficult to access
because the UI process is dead, say, or there's an infinite recursion
that causes them to run out of memory very shortly after startup.  The
data is still there, but I have to admit that I prefer writing stuff
out to ImageSegments every so often to avoid this potential hassle
(among other reasons).

Avi