[Seaside] Conditional comments types and VirtualEarth example

astares at gmx.de astares at gmx.de
Wed Nov 21 12:17:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

according to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537512.aspx

there are two types of conditional comments: "downlevel-hidden" and
"downlevel-revealed". Currently the seaside class WAOpeningConditionalComment seems to support only downlevel-hidden (see WAOpeningConditionalComment>>encodeOn:)

This makes some trouble to make my VirtualEarth example working with Firefox 2.0.0.9 on Windows.
The VirtualEarth control is by default working with IE and needs a patch for firefox. (see http://blogs.msdn.com/virtualearth/archive/2006/02/13/531896.aspx)

updateRoot: anHtmlRoot

   anHtmlRoot if not; ie; do: [
      anHtmlRoot script url: 'http://local.live.com/JS/AtlasCompat.js']

See http://www.squeaksource.com/SeasideExamples/VirtualEarthDemo-tbn.1.mcz
for the complete code and a sample. Note that the "not" operator is an extension I would like to see in base seaside.

But with Firefox 2.0.0.9 on Windows the example is starts to work when I change WAOpeningConditionalComment>>encodeOn: by removing the "--" into

  encodeOn: aDocument
    aDocument nextPutAll: '<!['; nextPutAll: self condition; nextPutAll: ']>'

Looks like a "downlevel-revealed" is required here. Any plans to support both types of conditional comments in the "if"/WAConditionalComment.

Any thoughts?

Bye
Torsten