[Seaside] WAKomEncoded vs WAKomEncoded39

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 03:09:48 UTC 2007

2007/11/22, goran at krampe.se <goran at krampe.se>:
> Hi!
> I am setting up a Seaside app and... well, since I am from Sweden we
> have funny chars to deal with. So I picked WAKomEncoded39 and all was
> well to begin with (3.9, latest KomHttpServer).
> Then I started adding forms with text fields and hey, they enter Squeak
> as utf8!
> Hrm. So I started looking and realized that, ok, funny enough
> WAKomEncoded inherits from WAKomEncoded39 and actually only additionally
> *does* the utf8ToSqueak thing on the posted fields - which is what I am
> lacking. So... well, fine. Everything seems dandy using WAKomEncoded!
> So I am serving utf8, and all my funny chars are nice inside Squeak
> (iso) - but... is the confusion here due to late changes in
> KomHttpServer or?

The confusion comes from the fact that Kom has not not been maintained
for years and even simple patches for fixes that we wrote ourselves (2
methods) were not integrated. Hence we had to hack around Kom bugs and
hence WAKomEncoded39. I won't repeat the story of #unescapePercents
here again. I told it many times on this list and even to you
personally since you were the maintainer of Kom. The latest Kom
finally includes our patches and WAKomEncoded is not needed anymore.
This only applies to Squeak 3.9. On Squeak 3.8 the whole story is
different. This is really a Kom issue of and not a Seaside issue.


> regards, Göran
> _______________________________________________
> seaside mailing list
> seaside at lists.squeakfoundation.org
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/seaside

More information about the seaside mailing list