[Seaside] Updaters clicks and changes on (sub)components

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 18:55:33 UTC 2007

> Mmm I'm confused now. Let's see an example. I have a parent presenter A that
> has children B and C. If I want to backtrack B and C then I thought that one
> can achieve that by implementing in A
> states
>         ^ Array with: B with: C
>
> That's the idea of the use of states right?

This will backtrack the instance-variable of components B and C. I
don't think this is what you want.

What you need is to backtrack the references to B and C, in case you
replace those with different components. So in case you reference B
and C from instance-variables in A, then your state method needs to
look like:

states
     ^ Array with: self

This is exactly the same as it was before with #registerObjectForBacktracking:.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch